The Ministry of Finance and the Financial Administration introduced a direct support program for self-employed economically affected by the spread of coronavirus. The program will be administered by the Financial Administration and its aim is for applicants to receive funding already in April. A self-employed person will be entitled to a nominal amount of up to CZK 25,000 (CZK 500 per day), who will apply for it and declare that several basic requirements have been met:
- You have to be self-employed under the law regulating pension insurance (typically having trade license, a self-employed farmer, author or artist, interpreter, veterinarian, doctor, healthcare provider, architect, tax advisor, etc.).
- The activity performed is the main activity,
- It may be also a supplementary activity, but only some cases, e.g. when you were entitled to disability pension or old-age pension, or to parental allowance or maternity benefit.
- You suffered a decrease in taxable income (turnover) of at least 10% in the period January-March 2020 compared to the period January-March 2019. (In the event that you started your business later than January 2019, the comparison shall be used for the first three months of the start of your business, with the latest possible comparison period being December 2019 till February 2020).
- In 2019, you received gross revenues of at least CZK 180,000. If you were not been in business for the whole year, at least CZK 15,000 per month.
- You shall confirm the fulfilment of these facts by a sworn affidavit.
This concerns the period from 12 March to 30 April 2020, so the total amount for the full number of days is 25,000 CZK. The aid will be paid against the completed application, whose simple form will be published by the Financial Administration by 3 April 2020.
The Financial Administration will proceed with the acceptance of applications and the subsequent payment of direct support as soon as the legislative process is completed. The Ministry of Finance expects that the legislative process could be completed next week, i.e. by 12 April at the latest. The requests should be filed by 30 June 2020 the latest.
Please feel free to contact me in case you wanted help with the application.